Refereeing at our O2Touch leagues is a great way to earn some money, keep fit and get involved in the league. We are always looking for more referees to join us throughout the year, whether you have refereed other sports like Rugby Union, Rugby League, Tag or are a current/past Touch player who has not refereed before but wants to try something new. Each referee gets paid per game they referee, so you can earn as much as you are willing to ref.
There is also a pathway to referee at the highest level, the Touch World Cup which is held every 4 years. You can start by refereeing at the beginner/social leagues, then at the intermediate leagues working your way up to superleague and the national tournaments, eventually refereeing at international level and at the Touch World Cup.
How many games do I need to ref?
* Ref one game on a specific night (I.e ref when not playing your game)
* Ref the whole evening at a specific venue (3/4 games)
* Ref the whole night at 2/3 venues
* Ref at one day tournaments only
Do I need any experience to be a referee?
* No you don’t need any experience just a willingness to learn the basic rules and referee positioning on the field
* Playing experience will help but it’s not necessary
* You can attend either the Intro to Referee Sessions or one the Official Referee Courses that England Touch offers
Intro to Referee Sessions
These sessions are not official and will only give you an understanding of the basic rules and how to referee a touch game. Once you are confident to take the official course you can do so and get your Level 1 badge. We would like to have a minimum of 5 people per session so please do follow the link below or get in touch to show your interest. These sessions will take an hour and will be done alongside our leagues so you can watch the refs in action once you have done the session. For the dates of the Introduction to Refereeing Sessions please click on the Referees Sessions Sign Up button.
Official England Touch Referee Courses - For more information about these courses please visit www.englandtouch.org.uk/develop/referees
* Level 1 (entry level)
* Level 2 (intermediate course)
* Level 3, 4 & 5 (advantaged course)
If you have any further questions please email Tracy on email@example.com